You are responsible only for personal clothing and gear listed below. We'll take care of everything else. A gear check will be completed before you depart for the trail. This list does not include additional clothing/items you may want for travel or for your time off the trail. Any luggage not needed on the trail can be left in storage during your expedition.
Packing System: This expedition does not include porters. You are responsible for carrying all of your personal gear in your own pack.
Carried bag weight limit: n/a
- Not available on this expedition.
Documents and Logistics
- International flights booked and confirmed to Bogotá, Colombia.
- Flight information submitted
- Passport valid for 6 months upon arrival
- Medical insurance card
- Cash for tipping guides, buying souvenirs, incidental costs, etc.
- Change of clothes for Bogotá/Santa Marta - to be kept in storage during expedition
- Synthetic shorts (zip-away pants are a great option)
- Rain Jacket
- Synthetic long underwear or fleece top
- Synthetic T-shirt (2-3)
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Nylon-wool blend socks (3)
- Water sandals (for river crossings walking around the camp in the evening)
- Synthetic pants for evenings and bug protection
- Water bottles - 2
- Quick-dry towel
- Personal toiletries and medicine (basic showers are available on trail)
- Sleeping bag liner (blankets are available for cooler nights)
- Backpack cover
- Insect repellent (long sleeves also provide protection)
- Toilet paper in ziplock bag
- Ditty Bag and extra ziplock baggies for toilet paper waste on the trail
- Reading material for the trail
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes
- Collapsible hiking poles
- Hotel reservations for extended time in Bogotá (if applicable)
- Zip-lock bags for waterproofing passport and other valuables