You are responsible only for personal clothing and gear listed below. We'll take care of everything else. A gear check will be completed before you depart for the trail. This list does not include additional clothing/items you may want for travel or for your time off the trail. Any luggage not needed on the trail can be left in storage during your expedition.
Packing System: This expedition includes horses for bag transport. You are only responsible for carrying a daypack. We recommend packing your items in a large backpack or a durable duffle bag.
Carried Bag Weight Limit: 22lbs/10kg
- Not available on this expedition.
Documents and Logistics
- International flights booked and confirmed to Paro
- Flight information submitted
- Passport valid through end of trip
- Photocopy of passport
- Bhutan Visa (Must be obtained prior to arrival. Please send a copy of your passport to OneSeed.)
- Medical insurance card
- Cash for tipping guides, buying souvenirs, incidental costs, etc.
- Duffle bag or backpack to be carried by our staff.
- Change of clothes for Paro - to be kept in storage during expedition
- Medium/Heavyweight down jacket
- Fleece jacket or vest (1)
- Synthetic hiking pants (1)
- Rain Jacket
- Synthetic long underwear (top and bottom)
- Synthetic T-shirt
- Wool or synthetic hat
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Nylon-wool blend socks (2-3)
- Sandals/Crocs/Old Sneakers (for walking around the lodges/restrooms in the evening)
- Day pack
- Water bottle or camelback (to hold 2 liters of water)
- Quick-dry towel
- Personal toiletries and medicine
- Sleeping bag w/ 0ºF rating
- Toilet paper (available in Paro)
- Hand sanitizer
- Reading material for the trail
- OTC medications (Advil, Imodium, Pepto-bismol etc.)
- Trekking poles
- Bandana (for dust and wind)
- Energy bars
- Yaktrax (especially useful for late fall and early spring trips)
- Outlet adapter
- Zip-lock bags for waterproofing passport and other valuables